- new floating bridge
- syrian model
- floating bridge model 1
- floating bridge model 2
6 & 7 strings
- soprano Aoud
- on stock
- used instruments
As this instrument is very similar to instruments by the Nahat family I decided to make my copies mainly with the same materials. This will be walnut and maple for the mould and spruce for the top. All other parts too will be made out of the same materials as far it is possible and good for the sound.
The old condition to make very light instruments, as light as it is any possible is one of my main principle of work. This feature is one important unter many others to make good Ouds. This has been described in old Persian documents.
This model will have the following features:
- mould with 15 ribs made out of walnut wood or a mixture of Walnut and maple wood.
- Top made out of fine european spruce, having three soundholes with fine roses and a rosewood inlay around the edge to give a good protection
- the neck is made oud of a light wood to make the instrument not heavy which is then veneered with rosewood or other wood on request
- The fretboard is made out of brazilian rosewood or ebony and is in the same level as the top
- The pegbox is made out of beech and furnitured with rosewood
- For the pegs I use plum wood, a very good wood for this purpose
- The mould is varnished with a thin french polishing
As the old description about the oud gives us the information, that cypress is a good wood for the oud, I can offer that model using this material. Cypress is very light what is good for the instrument. Actually I do have an instrument on stock made with this material. The sound of it is really very bright and clear.
the actual delivery time for your new Aoud will be 8 - 10 month
3. Oriental Music Summeracademy Badenweiler
29.8. - 1.9.2013
concerts & workshops
lectures for: Aoud - percussion - voice - Nay - Kanun more informations you will find here!