- new floating bridge
- syrian model
- floating bridge model 1
- floating bridge model 2
6 & 7 strings
- soprano Aoud
- on stock
- used instruments
After a good planning time, my new floating bridge oud is ready. Often I heard instruments of this type, which are dull
in the tone, don't have a clearness, especially in the bass register I realized this. Therefore it was my aim to improove
this lack. Please listen to the sound samples through my website here and let me know what you think. I'm sure you will be
will be surprised and then be convinced.
All these sound samples have been played by the young and famous egyptian Oud player Mohammed Abozekry. He came here in may 2011 for concerts in my town. He was so surprised about the sound of this instrument, loved it and owns it now. He will it use up from now in his concerts. The dates of theese concerts you will always find on this site. MAynly he will give his concerts in france, greatbritain, germany and egypt.
The here presented model are in accordancewith the effords to an Aoud by Naseer Shamma. The string length is 57 cm ( 19 cm neck ), the body is 37 cm wide. The instrument have been made as light as it is any possible, what is important for the sound
A 7-string version of tis model is in planning.
This model has the following properties:
On request a custom made wodden hard case can be offered.
- The mould has 25 ribs Honduras rosewood. This wood is by my idea a very good choose, as it is very hard.
- Soundboard made from fine european spruce. There are three open soundholes, weather with the design of a D-oval or of standart ovals. The boarder is protected by a rosewood inlay.
- The neck is made inside ba light wood, which then will be veneered according to the fingerboard and the pegbox.
- The fingerboard is made from rosewood or ebony. It is one piece from the saddle to the soundhole.
On special request an artificial material can be used.
- The pegbox is mad efrom maple or beech and is veneered with rosewood.
- The pegs are made from plum- or boxwood, the best wood for this purpose and on special request from ebony.
- The mould is varnished with a french polishing.
- This model can be made too with different woods:
- indian roesewood for the mould
- curly maple for the mould
the actual delivery time for your new Aoud will be 8 - 10 month
Videos with this instrument you can find here!
Tourdaten Mohamed Abozekry, Kairo/Lyon
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 12/09/11 Institut Francais d'Egypte / Caire (EGY)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 18/09/11 Fête de l'HUMA / Paris (75)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry Recital Oud - 24/09-11 Institut du Monde Arabe / Paris (75)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 01/10/11 Institut du Monde Arabe / Paris (75) ouverture de la saison 2011-2012
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 13/10/11 L'Eolienne / Marseille (13), dans le cadre de Jazz Sur La Ville
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & Ezrah en Duo - 14/10/11 Festival d'afro-Beat de Hot club de Jazz / Lyon (69)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 28/10/11 Hot Club de Lyon / Lyon (69)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 04/11/11 Musée Gallo Romain / Saint-Romain-en-Gal (69)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 25/11/11 La Clef de Voûte / Lyon (69)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz en Trio - 26/11/11 Mèdiathèques de Décines / Décines (69)
- Concert of Mohamed Abozekry & HeeJaz - 13&14/02/12 Trident (scène nationale) / Cherbourg
3. Oriental Music Summeracademy Badenweiler
29.8. - 1.9.2013
concerts & workshops
lectures for: Aoud - percussion - voice - Nay - Kanun more informations you will find here!