- new floating bridge
- syrian model
- floating bridge model 1
- floating bridge model 2
6 & 7 strings
- soprano Aoud
- on stock
- used instruments
Being in close contact, Munir Bashir developed together with his lute maker in Bagdad, Mohammed Hussein Fadel
this new aoud model. The basic changing has been not to fasten the strings on a bridge that is glued to the
soundboaard, but to fasten them at the end of the instrument.
This is the principle of a floating bridge which can be seen on mandolines, Jazz guitars or violins etc.
The model I offer here is an older model by Mohammed Hussein Fadel, which he took for the first experiments. I've seen a lot of pictures showing this model in both versions, traditional glied on bridge and the new floating bridge. Later on he created his new model which I offer too, but I have never seen this model with a glued bridge. The original of this model where I took the measurements from is from 1980 and had the floating bridge.
I offer this model in both versions, with a floating bridge and with a glued on bridge. Furthermore this model is available with 7 courses too, as it has a really big body, that makes it ideal for 7 courses.
This model has the following characteristics:
- Mould with 19 ribs of maple and Walnut alternating. The wood of the original instrument may be walnut and lemmon wood. Up from 2009 I am able to offer this too.
- Soundboard made from fine european spruce with three round soundholes and wooden roses the Soundboard boarder gets a wooden rosewood inlay to protect the boarder.
- The neck inside is a light wood and then veneered with a wood fitting to the fingerboard or the pegbox
- The fingerboard is made from rosewood or ebony and goes over the soundboard towards the soundhole
- The pegbox is made with beech or maple and is veneered outside with walnut, plum or rosewood, for cheaper instruments I use walnut or cherry wood.
- For the pegs I use Plumwood, boxwood or olive wood, the best coice for this purpose
- The body gets a light coat of a synthetic varnish. On special request french polishing may be applied
- This model is available in different versions:
- traditional glued bridge
- floating bridge - Iraq construction
- both versions but with 7 courses
On request a well fitting case is available
the actual delivery time for your new Aoud will be 8 - 10 month
3. Oriental Music Summeracademy Badenweiler
29.8. - 1.9.2013
concerts & workshops
lectures for: Aoud - percussion - voice - Nay - Kanun more informations you will find here!